Welcome to my Stories and Poems blog!
Quick rules: Don't plagiarize anything.
Do not re-post without my permission (at least link back to my blog~) and if you like something, please do leave a comment.

Enjoy!!

Home Alone (Story) [short]

At first I didn’t think it could be real. But it became apparent when it showed itself to me. Oh! How terrifying!
A chill slithered along my spine as I pressed my back against my bedroom door. ‘What is it?’ I wondered. It looked alien with its green, lumpy face and gooey hair trapped within a film of plastic. It had probably disposed of my sister as it had donned on her ugly tattered orange bathrobe. It stood there, staring at me. But as I stared at I seemed to recognize it more and more. Had I perhaps seen it from a movie? An illustration from a book? I let out a cry as I realized the startling news. It was my sister with a face mask and her hair in a transparent shower cap!
I stared at the dumbfounded, and then I started to laugh. She glared at me angrily and rolled her eyes. It was no use. I was laughing so hard my sides were hurting.
My laughter stopped short when we heard three short loud knocks on our front door. My eyes widened with fear. It was eleven at night and my parents were not due back for another two hours.
“Go get it!” my sister hissed at me, huddling at the doorway of her room. Her anger was forgotten and was instantly replaced with fear as she realized what I had a split moment ago.
I started breathing heavily and my knees felt weak and trebly. The knocks came again. More demanding, insistent and much louder. There were soft squishing sounds.
I lowered my hand onto the wooden banister and slowly made my way down the stairs, a step at a time. Already goose bumps prickled up and down my skin. ‘Who could it be?’ I wondered. We have never had visitors this late at night.
I was halfway down the stairs when my sister whispered furiously, “Wait!” I turned gratefully. Maybe she has decided that she wants to see who it is. I would definitely gladly oblige. She rushed down the steps toward me and pushed one of my baseball bats into my hand. She herself was carrying a large handheld mirror she had snatched from her room. I dryly thought of how she would use it to defend herself.
I continued down the stairs with her close at my heels. I felt as if all the muscles in my chest were tied into one big knot. Too soon, the front door loomed before us. I brought a finger to my lips to motion for my sister to remain silent. She nodded her head and tightened her grip on the handle of her mirror. Her features were knotted tighter and tighter with panic and fear.
I pointed at the door and held up three fingers and started to count down. When I folded down the last finger, I pulled open the door and got ready to attack. Beside me, my sister let out a scream and fled up the stairs, mirror and all. I laughed and pulled out some money from my pocket. It was a guy my sister knew from school with the pizza I had ordered half an hour ago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

dat short story was great who though it wud be a pizza man so not predictable...excellente..