Welcome to my Stories and Poems blog!
Quick rules: Don't plagiarize anything.
Do not re-post without my permission (at least link back to my blog~) and if you like something, please do leave a comment.

Enjoy!!

Untitled Love Story (Story+Poem)[Short]

She stared at the bright but blank screen of her laptop. The brightness seemed to pulse as if it was, in its own way, making fun of her. Frustrated, she typed some nonsensical gibberish. Seeing something on the screen seemed to make her feel better but nonsense is nonsense. With a sigh, she pressed the backspace button until the screen was blank again.
She propped elbows on the table and rested her head on her palms. ‘Writer’s block is a bitch,’ she thought darkly and pushed herself away from her table. She crossed her arms and stared at the screen again.
She bit her lip and wheeled her chair back to the table. She inhaled and drummed her fingers on the keyboard surface. Love. She typed. ‘Alright. Let’s try thinking of other words,’ she thought and stared at the solitary word. Pain. Confusion. Triangle. Hurt. Undying affection. Lack of feelings. You. Me. Him. Us… Tears. Dedication. Promises.
‘How do I compile these words into a work of art?’ she asked herself. She shrugged, hit the enter key and bent over the keyboard.

He told me he cared about me,
Professed his undying affection,
He told me
He was in love with me,
But his words only caused confusion,
How do I tell him?
The one who wishes to be my knight in shining armor,
That to me
He is a boy in tin foil,
When life gives you lemons
Make lemonade,
When life gives you a boy in love
What do you make of it?
His sweet words only pierce my heart,
How can I hurt him?
They tells me to give him a chance
But I can’t seem to bring myself to do it
He reminds me of the things I’ve learned to avoid
How do I push him away?
How do I not break his heart?

The one I really want
Is furthest from my reach,
He has no idea
how I feel about him,
how I always dream about him,
how I always think about him,
He has no idea
he makes me forget what I’m saying,
He makes
me lose my breath,
my knees go weak,
my heart go wild,
When will I learn
He’s in love with someone else…

She stares at the words and exhales. For once, her mind feels clear. She still didn’t know exactly how she felt about that two people that seemed to dominate her thoughts lately, but at least she felt better. With a smile, she got up and, without doing anything else, walks out of the room and the house to finally enjoy the sunshine that she could not seem to feel before.

No comments: